The Soul Asylum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum for The Soul Asylum which we use for recruitment and general guild information

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Raiding Application

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Thanataros

Raiding Application Empty
PostSubject: Raiding Application   Raiding Application EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 4:30 am

1. Character Name?
= Thanataros

2. How old are you and are you male or female in Real Life ?
= 32 Male

3. Class ?
= Warlock, Undead

4. Total time /played on this character ?
= 72 Days

5. Where do you live? Time zone?
= Pittsburgh PA EST

6. What type of internet connection do you have ?
= Comcast Xfinity Cable modem

7. Do you Disconnect frequently and or get capped each month ?
= No

8. Do you have MUMBLE and a headset with a mic and are able to talk?
= Yes

** Do you have any trouble following orders on MUMBLE?** I.E. poor reflexes?
= No

9. Previous raiding experience?
= DragonSoul up to Heroic Morchock

10. Please link your Armory Profile and please be logged out in your PVE gear.
= [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

11. What is your preferred raiding "Main Spec" and raiding "Off Spec" ?
Main Spec = Demonology
Off Spec = Affliction

**What spec gear sets do you currently own?
= Currently Demonology, but all gear can be reforged quickly and reenchanted for Affliction

12. Please submit a screenshot of your UI ? (Required - do not post with this blank)
= [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

13. ** Explain your rotation and how you maximize your performance. Please be as descriptive as you can. We will not accept acronym orders. I.E. BS > BS > WTF > FFS (Required)
=Metamorphosis, doom, undo Metamorphosis and corrupt (maintaining as much as possible on all targets), Hand of guildan as much as possible, Shadowbolt as filler and fury builder, Soulfire when I'm procced by molten core, at around 80-90% fury I use metamorphosis and refresh doom as needed, Chaos wave when I possibly can but mainly spam Touch of Chaos. I use Abyssal ofr Terror guard when possible as well as potions of the Jade Serpent, currently Flashfrozen Resin Globule(Trinket that increases Intelligence for 25 seconds), Curse of the elements, Dark Soul:Knowledge, and Archimonds Vengence when they come available. I keep up with icy-veins.com and improvise my rotion when appropriate, and always keep tomes of clear mind for a last minute glyph and talent switch.

14. Previous guilds, what positions did you hold, and why you left?
= Government Muscle, I was a member, but always given the bums ruxh when I asked for help or had a question. the last straw was when I was told I couldn't join a raid because I was not geared enough, and they took someone who had a lower Item level by 7 points. Two of my toons hold Guild master positions in SykandTyred and Gentlemans Club, but recruiting went nowhere so they became extra bank space for myself and a few friends who are currently inactive.

15. How did you hear about us and why are you interested in joining <The Soul Asylum> ?
= I am currently in The Soul Asylum I joined about five months ago when recruited by friends I met in the game. They dropped out of the guild when the previous GM sold. They were the main core of our late night raids for Dragon Soul.

16. Do you research boss fights in advance ? If so, what source of information do you use?
= Yes, I use tankspot.com and youtube as sources.

** Do you have the essential skill of awareness to consistently stay "out of fire" or go into it if necessary as well as aptitude for gimmick fights, I.E. Mount, vehicle, or taking control of an Avatar Mechanic?
= Yes, I may not get a fight right the first time but when I get used to the mechanics of a fight I usually have no problems.

17. We are strictly a 10 man raiding guild, which means we only focus on 10 man raids, can you explain your reasons for applying to a 10 man only guild instead of a 25 man raiding guild and what you aim to get out of this guild ?
= I play the game to have fun, I recieved and was grateful for a raid invite. I prefer a smaller group because they are easier to keep together and theres a greater chance of the group being there for all the raids, and it reduces the need to PUG. I want to become a better player in WoW, and I also want to be able to experience the end game content, and as much of the game as possible, without hearing about it secondhand.

18. What Professions do you have and why?
= Tailoring (600) I am a cloth wearer and matierials are pretty easy to come by, besides the ability to use enhancements that a profession only. Enchanting (600) Free enchants and the matierials sell well. It goes well with tailoring for bag making. I have all the other professions on other toons and will work on maxing them out as possible. All secondary Professions are maxed with the exception of cooking, which I am working on.

**Are you able to keep your gear properly gemmed and enchanted with the latest and best material available? Do you have a problem with coming to the raid properly prepared, I.E. Flasks, potions, food, etc.
= Yes Gems I have enough gold to keep up with gems and everything until I can max out professions on my other toons.

20. Do you have any alts that you'd like to bring over if so please list the Char name, Class and what level?
= All of my alts that I can transfer are already in the guild, but with work and family matters I can only keep my main fully geared and reputations up.

21. Are you applying for a casual or raider position (Core Raider requires all 2 nights per week - 100% Attendance)?

'Casual' or 'Raider'? = Raider

('YES' or 'NO' below to the days you are free)
Saturday = yes
Sunday = yes

22. Are our raid times suitable for you (11PM - 2AM on Saturday, Midnight - 3AM Sunday) Server Time
= These raid times are usually perfect for me.

23. Our current loot rules follow the EP/GP loot system which awards points according to raid attendance and number of bosses downed. It is not priority based, instead it is based on those who constantly show up and kill bosses with us. Those who are on time and ready to raid more often will be rewarded with more gear than those who are late or have to leave the raid before its allotted time is up.
= Yes I have gotten this add on and am comfortable with that system. It beats the random PUG stealing gear from the dedicated group.

24. (optional) Anything you would like to add about yourself or in general to support your application ?
= If I don't know something I am willing to learn, I have no problems helping others and will do my best for the guild and raid group. If I'm on I am always up for heroics or grouping to help level other toons.

Future Raid Availability Info:
Sunday -> Definite around 10pm -5am monday
Monday -> Unlikely unless I'm on vacation
Tuesday -> same as Monday
Wednesday -> same as Monday
Thursday -> Same as Monday
Friday -> Same as Monday
Saturday -> Almost always definitely after 10:30 pm till anytime Sunday
Back to top Go down

Raiding Application
Page 1 of 1